Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:09:05 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>, Chris Orr <chris@manual-override.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh security

At 04:54 PM 9/24/2004, Alex de Kruijff wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:03:04PM -0500, Chris Orr wrote:
> > When you build openssh, you need to be sure to add the --with-tcp-wrappers
> > argument when you run the configure script.
> >
> > ex: ./configure --with-ssl-dir=../openssl --with-pam --with-tcp-wrappers
> >
> > Hopefully this points you in the right direction.
> >
> > -chris
>
>This is a bit unsual for FreeBSD. If the default with the base system
>doesn't fith you, the you can use the port system to comile a newer
>version. cd /usr/porst/.../ssh && make install && make clean
>
>--
>Alex

I guess I am asking are the tcp wrappers enabled in the default base
system?  If the wrappers are not enabled, do I need to build world with
some special compile option?

Or build ssh from the port?  If the port is used do I then need to
reconfigure anything in the system to use the port version instead of the
base system ssh?

Thanks for your help.

         -Derek