Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 2015 23:33:23 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org,  Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Call for testers] DRM device-independent code update to Linux 3.8 (take #2)

--dGgxjfWjVtuAajoaoFSBsSLtcaiulFvxf

Hi!

Here is a new patch to based on HEAD r279508:
    https://people.freebsd.org/~dumbbell/graphics/drm-update-38.i.patch

You can apply it to a Subversion checkout using the following command:
    svn patch drm-update-38.i.patch

There are few changes:
    o  The panic reported by J.R. Oldroyd is fixed, but not the CP init
       problem.
    o  A lock assert was added, suggested by Konstantin Belousov

I had several panics ("Stray timeout") with a taskqueue used by TTM, but
it didn't occur in the past 6 days. Maybe it was a problem outside of DRM=
=2E

I would like people to test again and report :) If something fails,
please post a full dmesg, taken after loading the relevant *kms module,
or the core.txt.$N file if it's a panic.

Hans Petter and Ed, I couldn't reproduce neither of your problems (HDMI
hotplug events storm and VT-switch misbehaviour). However, they both
involve callouts, like the "Stray timeout" panic I had with TTM. I
suspect there was a transient problem with callouts in HEAD at the same
time. Could you please test again with this patch and a very recent HEAD?=

Thank you to everyone!

--=20
Jean-S=C3=A9bastien P=C3=A9dron