Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 95 14:06:41 PDT
From:      "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@latte.worldbank.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Why freeBSD instead of Linux?

>Hi, I was just wondering after reading through the freeBSD home
>page why you think someone should use freeBSD instead of Linux.
.. <some actually standart and pretty polite this time stuff deleted>
 Umm..now we are not going to have another flame war aren't we...
To say the truth i feel that in UNIX world FreeBSD and Linux will live
by the same scenario as many other systems live (like Windows and Os/2)
For years IBM writing OS/2 , and as much as OS/2 is strange and perverted it's
nice system to some degree and for sure it's MUCH better then windows.
But... whatever you say and what reasons you find Windows used thousands
of times wider, even though Windows is just a crap (and i hope nobody going to
argue THAT) and OS/2 is not-such-a-bad-system...
Something similar is happening with Linux and FreeBSD and probably this is
going to be continued whatever we do..1

--Ugen