Date:      25 Jan 2000 22:47:33 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: what's the progress look like?

Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'm blowing off cvsup. (but still trying cvsup.dk and .se out of
> curiosity, maybe I'll get lucky, or maybe I'll have to conclude cvsup is
> totally useless. Does it work for anybody else?

I use cvsup to
- get the FreeBSD and OpenBSD repositories on machine A from
  cvsup.de.freebsd.org;
- update my FreeBSD src, ports, doc trees on A from my local cvsup
  server running also on A;
- get the FreeBSD and OpenBSD repositories on machine B from
  cvsup.de.freebsd.org;
- update my FreeBSD src, ports, doc trees on B from my local cvsup
  server running also on B;
- update my OpenBSD src and ports trees on C from the server on B;
with A and B being FreeBSD/i386 boxes and C a OpenBSD/sparc one running
the SunOS cvsup executable.

I think this implies that it works for me.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de