Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:12:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        master <master@tyranz.com>
Subject:   Re: openssh

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, master wrote:
>
> > hi, anyone has experience trouble concerning the openssh ? on my computer it
> > take 2 mn to connect (same for openssh 3.4 and 3.4p1) if anyone has already
> > see this and know how to fix thx to help :)

Try running the sshd server manually, and with the '-v' switch so you can
see the chain of events when you try to login. Perhaps sshd is failing one
authentication mechanism before trying the one you're using. Use the '-v'
switch multiple times on both ends to get lots of debug output (e.g.
./sshd -v -v -v ).

HTH - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg