Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:59:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Cc:        Larry Dolinar <LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com>, owner-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 wb2oyc@cyberenet.net wrote:

> On 13:55:40 "Larry Dolinar" wrote:
> >>and verily, on 12 Feb 97, wb2oyc@cyberenet.net did speak:
> >
> >>And, ONLY FreeBSD has a problem with that CDROM by the way.
> >>Windows works fine.  As does NT Wkstn, or Debian Linux, and
> >>even Win95 has no problem with it.  Only FreeBSD can't see it!
> >>STill can't, by the way; but it does run FreeBSD now, thanks to
> >>the Linux box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >What an endorsement: 3 Microsoft products and a Linux variant   8).
>
> You guys are amazing!  The attitude on this list really is crappy.  If

Hmm, somehow only flamers seem to have that impression.  I have found
there to be a lot of generosity and cooperation around here.

> they all work and FreeBSD doesn't, whose wrong here dude?  You

No Microsoft OS works by any definition of "work" that I use.  Linux
works, FreeBSD works.

> guys walk around with your nose in the air, and can't admit it when
> somethings wrong, and all you do is take pot shots at everybody
> else; especially Linux.  Its pretty lousy if you ask me, so this was a
> chance to cut you down to size, and I took it!  Kinda like braggin
> about your ports collection, when about half of them aren't really
> there, and the net links are broke, or the files are corrupt.....I think
> its time you get real!

<insert bemused silence here>

> Paul

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."