Date:      Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:24:04 +0200
From:      Mihai Tanasescu <mihai@duras.ro>
To:        Peter Clutton <peterclutton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel option question

Sorry for not providing more clues.

I'm running a Counter-Strike server under linux binary emulation on a :
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz"

When there are many players on the server the cpu load looks like this
(seen from top):

  PID USERNAME PRI  NICE   SIZE    RES  STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
28605 counter           131    0      214M   209M RUN    369:13
86.43% 86.43% hlds_i686

After a while the hlds server just dies.
I see no errors in any logs.

Afterwards everything is fine, I just restart the counter-strike binary
and the cycle repeats itself after a while.

The program was installed using the sources provided by Valve and not
from the ports directory.