Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 13:48:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      animal <animal@skylink.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tape Backup (Quantum DLT)

   Here is my problem

	I have a backup script someone else has written and
	maintained now that person is gone and i have a little prob
restoring

	I am running FreeBSD 2.2.5 using a Quantum DLT

	the script basically does this

         /sbin/dump 0auf /dev/nrst0 /
         /sbin/dump 0auf /dev/nrst0 /usr
         /sbin/dump 0auf /dev/nrst0 /var

         and then remotes.....

         rsh shell /sbin/rdump 0auf rmt.skylink.net:/dev/nrst0 /
         rsh shell /sbin/rdump 0auf rmt.skylink.net:/dev/nrst0 /usr
         rsh shell /sbin/rdump 0auf rmt.skylink.net:/dev/nrst0 /var

       when i try to restore -if /dev/nrst0 on the first three files it
works
	fine but then i mt -f /dev/nrst0 to the next and

       the next is bad then
       anything remotely cannot be read....

 is there anything that i am doing wrong or that i can do to fix this
 prob...

 not only can i not see it with the interactive mode -i of restore i cant
 even do a -t to list all the files that are on it.......

 and i cant even do a restore x on it and i need some files off there like
 ASAP before my users and my boss kills me....