Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:57:24 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
Cc:        Peter Lei <peterlei@cisco.com>, Michael Tuexen <tuexen@fh-muenster.de>, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some interesting plots

Randall Stewart wrote:
> All:
>
> As you all may know I have been working on getting SCTP
> into Current..
>
> I have been, of late, trying to tweak things to get
> the BEST performance out of the implementation...

Randall,

get the code correct first, check.  Then second get it into the
tree.  Third make it fast.  Once it is in the tree we can work
out kinks much easier.  Testing gets easier too.  I've got a lot
of experience with socket buffer performance and interactions
now and can help as soon as it is in the tree.

It's just not necessary to have it absolutely perfect when it
goes into the tree.  FreeBSD-current has another 8 month to shake
things out.

--
Andre