Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:58:27 +1200
From:      Dave Preece <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Quickie: C++ statically linked into kernel?

> I've run C++ code in the kernel.  You couldn't easily use: templates,
> exceptions, global ctors, and sometimes you had to be careful with
> automatic instantiation of things.

Nothing too smart, OK. I tend to write fairly agricultural code anyway.

> I implemented only new and delete
> and was able to get sample code to run in the kernel.

Euuww. So the default new and delete need to be overloaded with the kernel
mode variety? (the three-parameter'd one from sys/malloc.h)? Right, OK.

> I punted at
> that point due to the pain in actually knowing if these things were
> being used or not.

Due to the pain of not knowing if the overloaded new and delete were being
used?

--scrambles off for a copy of Stroustrup.

> Warner

Dave