Date:      04 Mar 2002 14:04:19 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVIDIA  3D FreeBSD Drivers

No, it doesn't plug into the wall.  It has a power connector just like
an IDE drive.  (My v3 requires one for its fan, so power connections to
video weren't new to me).

However, the SLI (dual processors) is not supported in the open-source
Glide, meaning a V4 and V5 should run at the same speed.  The V5 also
performs similarly to a Radeon DDR in the tests I've done, just slightly
faster generally.

Work was being done quite a while ago to get SLI working, but the
developer ran out of time, and the only success ever was that he got a
simple console Glide app running fullscreen with SLI, iirc.  This was
quite a bit before the Nvidia buyout of 3dfx.