Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 1995 09:34:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@fledge.watson.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 / 2.0.5-R nasty memory leak

I'm running (as previously mentioned, no doubt) 2.0.5R on a P5/120 with
32 megs ram and 96 megs of swap.  On top I'm running XFree86 (3.1.1u?
whatever is in the std. release load for FreeBSD) on an et3000 server
(SVGA).  I'm losing memory fast ;).  I leave xdm running, and any time
it's up more than a few hours, I lose 10% to 50% of my swap space/ram
(making an ls require a swap, which is rediculous on that system.)  I'm
assuming it's the X server, as a ps-aux picks it all up.  Killing the X
Server fixes all, but I'd rather be able to leave myself logged into X
the entire time than log in and out all the time to reset the X server.
Is there a bug release -- we've used the SVGA server on other video cards
without this problem; is this et3k specifc?

Thanks..