Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:16:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Cole <dacole@netcom.ca>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   symbios 53c875 and activity led?

I know I posted once before, asking for help getting my LED on my asus
sc875 (based on the ncr/symbios 53c875 scsi interface) and I'm back
again, asking the same question.

Many moons ago, the solution was supposedly adding 'option
NCR_SYMBIOS_COMPAT' or somesuch to the kernel definition file.  Well,
that option went away about 2 months after that.

I haven't tried a -cam world with this interface yet, and hope to
soon, but in the meantime, whom else has this issue?  I rather like
being able to see my scsi bus accesses, just to prove to myself that
the system is actually doing something at times, and miss my LED
greatly.  Is there another easy patch?  Was the LED turned off
deliberately?  etc. etc. etc.

Dave Cole (DC1110)                     |        dacole@netcom.ca
Systems Administrator                  |*       dacole@rik.net *
                                       |         office/~dacole/
Netcom Canada                          |* www.rik.net/~dacole/ *
905 King Street West, Toronto, M6K 3G9 |    phone - 416.341.5801
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Sol   |      fax - 416.341.5725