Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: URGENT: What happened to cdrom driver in FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE Build #7

hi there,
thanks for replying

--- Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:37:57 MST, Joss Roots
> wrote:
>
> > I am using the acd0 driver in kernel config
> file
> > in addition to ATAPI option.
>
> Use the ATAPI_STATIC option as well.

yes, already using it.

> Make sure that your CDROM is not configured as
> a slave on a channel with
> no master.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA, THAT'S IT.
but how come it was working before man, did  this
specifically change in the new code ?
if so, I wonder why, since it was working fine
before,
now should I change the hardware configuration so
it shows the CDROM as the first I mean Master
drive on the second IDE channel, I'll try this,
my machine abdomen is open all the time :-)

> Make sure that the IDE channel is enabled in
> your BIOS.

YEP.

> it still works with your
> current hardware configuration.  If it does,
> what's changed in your
> kernel config.  If it doesn't, what's changed
> in your hardware config.

not available anymore, sorry.

thanks.

=====