Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:09:24 +0200
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Emil_M=FCller?=" <emuller@worldonline.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   installing FreeBSD 2.1.6

Hi,

I am having troubles installing FreeBSD 2.1.6 from CD-ROM. During the
hardware detection it 'hangs'  on resetting my keyboard and results with a
failure msg.

Yesterday i downloaded a new boot.flp image from your ftp-site. (2.2.2.
release). This version
had no problems and i installed FreeBSD smoothly.

But then there is this problem: The install procedure wrote the 2.1.6
kernel (that doesn't work with my keyboard) to my disk, although I would
like to have the 2.2.2. kernel.

Can you send it to me? So that i can use Rawrite to write to a floppy.

Yours sincerely,

E. Muller
The Netherlands.

mailto: emuller@worldonline.nl