Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:43:29 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS Snapshot problems

--------------enigAD11B1E39C603561EC070CFF

On 12/02/2012 08:40, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Could this be related (somehow) to the below commit?  I'm doubting it,
> but...
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/=
zfs/zfs_main.c

No -- I was seeing the problem on a system compiled before then.  This
didn't start in close proximity to doing an upgrade.  There was at least
a two week delay.  Now, I did try updating to see if that fixed the
trouble, but no joy.

> I realise you're not destroying a snapshot, but I wonder if an old
> snapshot which was previously destroyed wasn't really destroyed, thus
> resulting in the behaviour you see.  As stated, I doubt it, but I
> imagine it depends on how this issue manifests itself.

Actually, I do destroy the snapshots, which works just fine.  I tend to
have either 0 or 1 snapshots at any one time.

	Cheers

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.