Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:53:40 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buzzing fun with snd_emu10kx - any news?

Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org> writes:
> I have experienced strange buzzing coming from my SB Audigy 2 ZS. Some
> very quick info:
>  FreeBSD ... 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: ... amd64

Replying to myself here for the ease of searching of others. Many thanks
to Vladislav Movchan for this answer. This was fixed and MFCd about 11
months ago; here's the PR:

Pretty easy to fix if you compile your own kernels. Peace!
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"Never give people anything they ask for until at least a
day has passed," said Nasrudin. "For experience shows that
they only appreciate something when they have had the
opportunity of doubting whether they will get it or not."