Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:02:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      adepoo@tamnet.com.mx
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSDi password to FreeBSD 2.1.6 - help

Maybe this is an old one, but I don't know how to port master.passwd, pwd.db spwd.db
to FreeBSD.

I try to use pwd_mkdb, it formats well into the password and master.password
but the diference in password is big, in BSDi the encripte is more or less
half the characters that the encripted on FreeBSD.

I want to make the changes to a new system, so it will not be a problem
if I have to recompile the kernel in the FreeBSD if I have to use other
encription system.

I hope you get the idea. Thanks in advance for any information.

Please reply to my email box.

Alberto de Poo
adepoo@tamnet.com.mx