Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:32:14 -0800
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: World build failure

> While we're on the subject, is there a good reason why the uucp
> user/group is required to installworld when NOUUCP is set in
> /etc/make.conf?

The directories for UUCP are created with the correct permissions
(i.e., uucp as the owner) regardless of whether NOUUCP is set.  I
guess this stems from the fact that mtree isn't very flexible in terms
of excluding certain directories depending on options (and can you
imagine having to maintain a set of mtree files for every possible
combination of options?).

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org