Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 97 07:49:38 +0000
From:      sergey@nk.ukrtel.net (Sergey A. Kovalenko)
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serious problem with Cyclom-16YeP

Hello!

A have a serious problem with Cyclom-16YeP under FreeBSD 2.2.2.

When I reconfigure kernel, OS detected card without any problem.
After that, I'm setup one port for accepting dial-in calls.
(Port ttyc00 locked at 57600). When user connected to my server
and begin transfer data from him to server, I'm observing
"silo overflow" error messages. Its my first problem. Second
problem, and most serious: server with Cyclom card reboot at random
time without any visible reason.

I can't continue my work, while this problems still exist.
How I can solve it?

My hardware:
Pentium-133 (motherboard with Intel 430FX chipset),
32M RAM, 2G FastSCSI HDD (IBM DORS series),
NCR-810 based SCSI adapter, PCI video card,
and, of course, Cyclom-16YeP multiport card.

IRQ reported by FreeBSD:
Cyclom card: IRQ 10,
SCSI adapter: IRQ 11,
VGA PCI card: IRQ 12.

Other devices:
NE2000-compatible card at IRQ 5, port 0x300.
FDD controller at IRQ 6 (DRQ 2) at ISA bus.

Intergrated on-board IDE controller and serial ports are disabled.

My old multiport ARNET-compatible board working without any problem
at this platform. So, I'm sure, that my hardware is Ok.

Test programs (from Cyclom-Y package) says that board is Ok.

Best wishes,
Sergey