Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:11:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Linux emulation

Hi!

I´ve updated to the latest 4.0-CURRENT on Monday and discovered
today, that my Linux emulation is broken. The emulation is loaded
as a kernel module alright, but when I start anything really using
the emulation (e.g. acroread4) my system hangs completely and requires
a reboot.

I deinstalled the linux_base port and tried to reinstall it, but while
installing, I get the following kernel panic:

mp_lock = 00000002; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 01000000
fault virtual address = 0x50
fault code: supervisor read, page not present
processor eflags: interrupt enabled, resume, iopl = 0
current process = 1105 (ldconfig)
interrupt mask = none <- SMP; XXX
trap number = 12
panic: page fault

This happens when the install script wants to call {PREFIX}/sbin/ldconfig
(the Linux-ldconfig).

I rebuilt and reinstalled the linux emulation module, but that didn´t help either.
Installing the above port will still cause a kernel panic.

I haven´t read this list for a while, so I might have missed something important.
Any hints or ideas what might be going wrong? What can I do to make it work again?

Ciao,
Thomas Schürger.   http://www.menden.augustin.de