Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:57:19 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Cameron Grant <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Newbusified Midi Driver Framework for Luigi's Audio Driver

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Seigo Tanimura wrote:

> The midi driver for Luigi's audio driver has got newbusified.
> Also, midi(4) and seq(4) is now independent from pcm(4). This
> involves a change against the major number of midi(4) and seq(4),
> so if you would like to try my driver please read carefully the
> instruction at (as usual):
>
> http://www.naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~tanimura/freebsd-serialmidi/
>
> Thanks in advance!

Cameron Grant has been working on the pcm driver recently and this is also
converted (and much changed overall). It would be a good idea to
coordinate the two projects.

The currently available snapshot of Cameron's work doesn't quite work
right for ISA cards (but I expect it to improve quickly) and is dependant
on some unpublished work of mine to re-implement ISA PnP.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com