Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:02:55 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        conrads@neosoft.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trn/inews posting problem

> What is the recommended way to enable trn to post articles directly
> to a remote server?  If cnews is one of the normal solutions, what is
> the key to getting it to work purely as a "pass-through" mechanism.
>
> I don't want to run my own news server!  :-)

In which case the only way I know of that you can post is to read news
online.

The "normal" way to do this off-line is to run a news server such as
CNEWS or INN. I used to run INN and use the nntpsend program that
comes with it to send my postings to my ISP, and slurp to pull
articles off their server.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk