Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:48:58 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 Missing frames fix

>From The Desk Of Doug White :
> On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Louis A. Mamakos wrote:

> That was me, I think.  I suppose we could swap the even/odd reads and see
> if the image looks any different. I can check it by clicking over to the
> Weather Channel or watching ESPN or any matter of channels with lots of
> graphics.  Oh, don't look at ME to do that.

Don't worry I did it over here and I didn't see any difference.

If anyone is interested in trying it out just look in bt848.c:rgb_prog.

target_buffer is initialized to the start of the field. To start in
an odd line set :
target_buffer = buffer + pitch;

To start in an even line:
target_buffer = buffer;

I think what folks are seeing is aliasing effects.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio