Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:15:19 +0100
From:      "Jost Menke" <cyberlab@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geli not recognizing passphrase on boot (was: geli not prompting for password on boot)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:29:30 +0100
Von: Fluffles <etc@fluffles.net>
An: Jost Menke <cyberlab@gmx.de>

> I have had the same problem on my systems (without VMware or any other
> kind of emulation). Deactivating the kbdmux in (i think)
> /boot/device.hints was the solution to me.
>
> - Veronica

Doesn't completely solve the problem for me. With kbdmux activiated, the keyboard doesn't work at all. When I deactivate it by putting hint.kbdmux.0.disabled="1" into /boot/device.hints, it partly works (about 90% of all keystrokes are lost). The strange thing is that this problem only occurs when mounting encrypted volumes (in my case the root fs) at boot time. Any other experiences?

Regards,
Jost