Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 17:00:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        ade@demon.net
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

> We then have a situation where both sides of the "bloat" are happy,
> those that want a minimalistic approach can install the required
> components and leave out the approved integrated packages, others
> that prefer a full-featured system, without having to compile/install
> anything else, can install both.

But that's essentially what we're arguing.  If all those Perl and TCL/TK
and other packages are removed from the core system, but made available
as packages (not just ports), you'd have the condition you describe
above.

Install a minimalist system, then add the packages you want.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com