Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:13:52 PDT
From:      "Daniel White" <deviation@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP install over FTP

Hey,
i'm trying to do an install with the boot/root images from an ftp. I
get to the user-ppp program, type in all the info it wants after i
set it up but no luck. It dials out, connects, i type in the
login/password. Nothing will happen.

I have disconvered that if i press enter several times i'll get a
message thats something like "ppp session from (3.53.4.2) to
(32.32.1.5) starting. & it will do a bunch of things with LCP, & then
it will say bundle: terminate. I've tried everything to get it to
work, ive tried to log it. The farthest ive ever gotten was PPp. Then
it disconnects me. I've considered this to be an ISP problem, but ive
tried 2 dialup numbers on one isp, and 1 on another but still no
luck. for some odd reason it dosent seem to complete the connection
to get that extra P. I'm an experienced linux user <thats all i am
really>. I'm not stupid like some people take me to be. I've tried
going on IRC, no luck. Can someone please help me get this burden off
my back!?

<btw I've ordered the CD's, they're on their way>

Daniel White