Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 17:58:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        kline@ns3.noc.netcom.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suplist

According to Michael Smith:

> Gary Kline stands accused of saying:
> >
> >     Can anyone tell me where the suplist, ``coll.list'' is
> >     on freefall?  I'd like to begin upgrading my v2.0.5 to
> >     2.1.0 or perhaps to -stable.  The documentation in the
> >     Handbook is pretty spare....
>
> Get 2.1 and do an 'upgrade' install, then sup -stable using
> /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile.
>
> I'd be inclined to edit it to point to an alternative supserver before
> supping for the first time.

	A weekend ago I retrieved the newest ports tar file;
	installed sup and tested it.

	I don't find any *supfile within /usr/share/examples.
	This was one head-scratch. I find these two -supfiles
	in the FAQ subdirectory of my v2.0.5:

	/usr/share/FAQ/extras/ports-supfile
	/usr/share/FAQ/extras/standard-supfile

	Where would I find the ``stable-supfile''; also,
	can you explain what you mean by an alternative
	supserver?

	I'd like to begin upgrading to the 2.1 libraries and
	utilities, if possible.  Then the kernel; X would be
	last.  If you can suggest a better order, please do!

	Thanks much.

	gary