Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:29:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
Cc:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: broken floppy driver

Robert Schien wrote:
> > As David Greenman wrote:
> >
> > > When I read a floppy (doesn't matter if 1.44 or 1.2 M) which
> > > has some errors on it, so that error messages appear on the console
> > > the kernel panics after entering the next command.
> > > (message: dma channel busy. ) If the floppy is perfectly good then
> > > all goes well.
>
> BTW, the panic is produced my a general protection fault while in kernel mode.

I have the same problem (dma channel 2 busy) and the occasional panic
(2.2-961014-SNAP). No more details currently, the machine is at home
and I wanted to try to get more information first.

BTW, I'm sure the floppies I feed my drive are good; written here at
work on a 2.1.0-machine and I can read them back without problems.

tg