Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:26:31 -0700
From:      Vijay Singh <vijju.singh@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel 82545 & TSO

I am running FreeBSD as a guest on ESX 5.x and see Intel device 0x100F in
the guest. The man page for em(4) says:

" The driver supports Transmit/Receive checksum offload and Jumbo
Frames on all but 82542-based adapters. Furthermore it supports TCP
segmentation offload (TSO) on all adapters but those based on the
82543, 82544 and 82547 controller chips."

This particular device is probed by the if_lem.c driver, but I see no
support for TSO in that file. I have verified that TSO is enabled on
the host. What am  I missing?

em0@pci0:2:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x075015ad chip=0x100f8086 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82545EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

ifconfig -vvvm em0
em0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=8009b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,LINKSTATE>
        capabilities=9009b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,VLAN_HWFILTER,LINKSTATE>
        ether 02:a0:98:ec:26:1d
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
        status: active
        supported media:
                media autoselect
                media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex