Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:34:28 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl
Cc:        MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems getting 4.3 release iso images

From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:26:47 GMT

> Maybe a long shot: isn't there a way to have a temporary master ftp
> server setup at (say) Yahoo that the official mirrors (and *only* the
> official mirrors) can grab their stuff from?

That's the whole ftp-master.freebsd.org idea which has been debated
over the last few days, and yes there is every intention to create
this just as soon as Yahoo! locates the resources.  Peter Wemm has
already volunteered to run with this one, so please email him with
your status requests instead of me. :)

> Related question: is there an alpha 4.3R .iso as well? I have not been
> able to check for obvious reasons. x86 version I have here, and I'm
> helping out people locally by cutting them a CD.

Yes, there is also an Alpha ISO image available from ftp.freebsd.org.

I'm hoping that setting the limits way down for the anonymous class
will help the mirrors finally get in.

- Jordan