Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22865: New port: devel/omniORBpy

The following reply was made to PR ports/22865; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:15:47 +0200

 Could someone please just close this PR without taking any further action.

 Reasons:

 - I understand the interplay between omniORB and omniORBpy much better now
   than when I submitted this PR.  I now believe that some of what I tried to
   achieve here would be ill-conceived.  (E.g. many of the files here
   installed by an omniORBpy port should be installed by the base omniORB
   port.  This is already reflected in a patch to the omniORB port which I've
   submitted to that port's maintainer.)

 - In the light of the above, I now think the best course of action would
   probably be to roll omniORBpy into the omniORB port.  Since omniORB is
   already dependent on Python, this would add minimal bloat.  I'll take up
   the matter with the omniORB port's maintainer once I have patches ready.

 - This version of omniORBpy in this PR is outdated anyway.

 Thanks,
 -- Johann