Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:20:01 -0500
From:      Prashant Dongre <pdongre@opentech.stpn.soft.net>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.1 for FreeBSD

Scott Mitchell wrote:

> Try the Linux port at http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html.  The latest
> version supports the 1.1.3 class libraries.  Other than needing to tweak
> the java_wrapper script (written for some whacko Linux version of ksh) it
> has worked perfectly for me, even the AWT stuff.
>
> HTH,
>         Scott

Hi,
I got the JDK 1.1 thanks....

I am able to compile the classes/applet, but when I run appletviewer i get a
nullpointer exception error in sun.motif classes....

I do not have libXm.so i.e. motif library but I am using "lesstif-0.79".

I downloaded JDK 1.1 from http://www.csi.uottawa.ca/~kwhite/javaport.html

There was no need to fiddle with .java_wrapper script but it was cribbing till I
made a link to compat 2.1 libs.

Thanks in advance for help.

Prashant.