Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 15:13:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: make -j4 on kernel

Hi Warner Losh;  On 01-Nov-97 you wrote:

>  Is make -j 4 (for any value of 4 greater than 1) suppored in -current?
>  I just tried it on a clean directory, and it failed badly on some
>  include file that is generated.  Pilot error, or unsupported feature?
>
>  Warner

I belive make depend is required first.  Which makes you think how much
time is really saved, as the make tree is traversed twice...

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313