Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:14:02 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux joystick

On Friday 16 November 2012 07:44:20 Jan Beich wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> writes:
> > On Thursday 15 November 2012 17:37:37 Jan Beich wrote:
> >> Many linux games and wine provide support only for linux joystick.
> >> emulators/joytran helps but some games do not even support more than one
> >> keyboard player e.g., Shank.
> >>
> >> As devel/linux-js is nowadays broken I've tried to comile webcamd with
> >> CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV but it still fails to attach to my usb gamepad.
> >> OTOH, webcamd has no trouble attaching to my wacom tablet. Any clue
> >> what may be missing?

Hi,

I've committed some of your configure patches to the webcamd's SVN.

If you checkout the SVN today, it should be possible to build staging/for_v3.8
of the media tree.

See:

http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/video4bsd

I've just added a couple of patches for that.

Some work remains before the hid-core.c will compile, but not too much.

--HPS