Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 09:19:05 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@netvision.net.il>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: -current slow again..

> I don't know what to do..-current slow for me still...
>I run X and it draws everything (windows,pictures and others) from top
>to bottom with awfully small speed.For instance xterm window drawd in
>1 sec!!! and i clearly see how it goes...What can it be???
>Thanx!
>BTW: NO i have not gzipped binaries,i have a LOT of memory and swap space and
>all -the -same system with old (2 weeks ago) kernel works fast and nice..

   I don't know how to help you. You haven't given me any information except a
complaint that the system is very slow. If you want help in solving this
problem, you'll need to provide information about the problem. A 'vmstat -s'
to start with. A 'vmstat -m' would also be useful. A 'ps -alxww' would be very
useful.
   My own experiance with -current is that it is faster than it has ever been,
and everyone else I've talked to has said similar things about their experiance.

-DG