Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 11:17:22 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de (H. Eckert)
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up i4b

From the keyboard of H. Eckert:

> - Displaying incoming (voice) calls:
>
> 29.09.1999 00:16:36 CHD 00038 <unknown> incoming call from 3021478453 to 2147845
>
> The line is too long for the fullscreen display so I can't reliably see
> what MSN had been called.

I've heard this before and it is true, some lines are too long and the
important information is sometimes not visible.

The problem is the work required to make _all_ messages consistent in their
form and to put the important information in the right place.

An attempt to fix this failed miserably because it was just plain too
much boring work.

To avoid future complaints about those messages, there should be a
configurable message database for isdnd ... [ 1/2 :-) - 1/2 :-( ].

> The "<unknown>" part is just irritating.

The log lines with CHD are insofar consistent in that they all have
date, time, CHD, id, entry-name and message part. In case of a number
not being found in an entry so the entry-name cannot be resolved is
displayed as "<unknown>" in the corresponding field. I'm open for
proposals for better solutions.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77