Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:17:23 +0100
From:      Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marek Denis <M.Denis@stud.elka.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CURRENT on HP nx7400

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 22:07 +0100, Marek Denis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About 2 months ago I was surfing the Internet, trying
> to find any tips how to install FreeBSD on my nx7400 laptop.
> The main problem was that FreeBSD didn't recognise sata
> drivers. In October, a new release of FreeBSD 7-cure has
> been released, and I would like to ask you, whether
> anybody has any version of fbsd on any nx7400 or similar
> hardware?

7-CURRENT works great on my HP nx7400:

- The onbard network works with bfe(4).

- The SATA hdd is detected without any problems.

- To get the default 1280x800 resolution I need sysutils/915resolution
from ports.

- Touchpad works fine.

- High Definition Audio works great with the snd_hda(4) driver.  This
laptop was used for some of the early debugging of the driver, so I can
guarantee you that it will work (thanks to ariff@!).  :-)

- The wireless Intel 3945ABG does not work, but I guess wpi(4) will be
ported from OpenBSD at some point (haven't tried the patches floating
around on the lists yet).

- ACPI seems to work ok and I get almost 3 hours of life in battery
mode.  I see "acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256.0C)" on the
console sometimes however (more detailed report can be found on the
freebsd-acpi@ list).

--
Joel