Date:      Sat, 29 Feb 2020 13:23:34 +0100
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: x11-wm/xfce4

Le Sat, 29 Feb 2020 12:35:13 +0100,
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org> a =C3=A9crit :

> On 29/02/20 01:06, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Hello;
> >=20
> > I've recently tried Xfce, and it's very nice. Just thought I'd
> > suggest, please set this file as executable:
> >=20
> > /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
> >=20
> > I ended up doing chmod +x to that file in order to get it working
> > in xinit.
>=20
> I'll have a look at that.
>=20
> I'm using xfce from a display manager (lightdm) so I'm not using that
> file.
>=20
> >=20
> > While here, I am having trouble as both mouse and the keyboard stop
> > working in X. Curiously both worked find in KDE.
>=20
> Maybe this is caused by the recent Xorg-server port change from devd
> baackend to udev backend?
>=20
> If that's the case the solution if installing xf86-input-evdev and
> restarting Xorg.
>=20
> BTW xf86-input-evdev should be a dependency of the xorg-drivers
> metaport, so maybe forcing a reinstallation of that one will fix the
> issue.
>=20

Instead to use xf86-input-evdev driver, it is recommended to use
xf86-input-libinput. In upgrade this package is missing (not in fresh
install).

pkg-message in xorg-server mentions to enable kern.evdev.rcpt_ask=3D6 (12
value works fine too). I think by default it is 3 (for keyboard and
mouse).

Mouse, keyboard and even touchpad work fine under Xfce without to
configure anything in dialogs settings, Xorg settings are sufficient. If
in the past some Xorg configuration was not necessary (for some users),
with the recent update, tunning is needed.

Here [1] my own settings (for French AZERTY keyboard, mouse and
touchpad).=20

[1]
https://framagit.org/olivierd/dotfiles/-/tree/master/FreeBSD/etc_X11_xorg.c=
onf.d