Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:28:10 +0000
From:      "Scheffenegger, Richard" <Richard.Scheffenegger@netapp.com>
To:        Alexander V.Chernikov <melifaro@ipfw.ru>
Cc:        "net@FreeBSD.org" <net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: SFP I2C interface in drivers (driver SIOCGI2C support)

Hi Alex,

I was looking for the SIOCGI2C socket ioctl API, and did not find it in the=
 intel driver. Which led me to believe this was the reason for me not seein=
g the SFP data.

 But after correctly looking up the SFP info (the port was in a different j=
ail, which confused me), it turns out that it's not Intel NIC, but Qlogic C=
NA who are not providing this info when in IP mode.

        slot 0: 1G/10G Ethernet Controller CNA EP 8324
                (Dual-port, QLogic CNA 8324(8362) rev. 2)
                e0f MAC Address:    00:a0:98:ef:a9:4c (auto-10g_twinax-fd-u=
p)
                e0e MAC Address:    00:a0:98:ef:a9:4b (auto-10g_twinax-fd-u=
p)
                Device Type:        EP8324N
                Firmware Version:   5.4.66.0

ql0@pci0:14:0:0:        class=3D0x020000 card=3D0xfb051275 chip=3D0x8830107=