Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:10:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      tstromberg@rtci.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More crashes under heavy exec() load in -CURRENT (and strange savecore)

-<reply>-------------------------------
->
-> Matt Dillon told me to try to up my PV's in my kernel as a first step. After upping it to 1000 (this could have nothing to do with it), my machine would no longer dump core, or drop into DDB, it'd simply reboot. So I lowered it back down to the default, and now it cored again. I'll pop it up to 1000 again to what it does.
-

Just a little bit more information that I noticed. I had DDB in my kernel, and it never dropped into it (that I know of, I came into the room when it was rebooting). I don't have DDB_UNATTENDED, so there should not have been a timeout..

So I'm left to presume that DDB mode was never initialized. Is it ignored if dumpon is configured?

Thomas R. Stromberg                         Asst. IS Manager / Systems Guru
FreeBSD Contrib, BeOS Dev, Security Geek    Research Triangle Commerce, Inc.
http://www.afterthought.org/                http://www.rtci.com/
thomas@stromberg.org                        tstromberg@rtci.com