Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 22:12:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy <ishmael@tranquility.net>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ram drive on 4.0

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Dru wrote:

/dev/ad1 is the second IDE disk on a system.  You've stated you only have
one IDE drive, thus you cant use a non-existant drive for swap.
I believe you're confused by the example in the man page.  You're supposed
to set it up using whatever device is configured as your swap
partition.  Most likely its /dev/ad0s1b.

Jeremy