Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 12:56:18 +0100
From:      Andre Oppermann <oppermann@monzoon.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange problem with Orinoco PCCARD

Dear all,

With 4.1.1 I've had no problem running a Orinoco (WavaLAN) card in
my embedded system. But since 4.2 up to last weeks -stable it won't
anymore.

In 4.1.1 with swapping in the card it just worked right out of GENERIC.

With 4.2 I always get the message "pccardd[90]: No card in database for
"(null)"("(null)")". Also 'pccardc dumpcis' didn't gave me any output.

Then I searched the lists and found a very extrensive docu written
by an japanese guy. I followed the instructions and now 'pccardc
dumpcis' gives me a very strange output:

 # pccardc dumpcis
 Configuration data for card in slot 0
 Tuple #1, code = 0x1 (Common memory descriptor), length = 3
    000:  00 00 ff
        Common memory device information:
                Device number 1, type No device, WPS = OFF
                Speed = No speed, Memory block size = 512b, 1 units
 Tuple #2, code = 0x17 (Attribute memory descriptor), length = 4
    000:  67 01 03 00
        Attribute memory device information:
                Device number 1, type SRAM, WPS = OFF
                Speed = Reserved x 10 ns, Memory block size = 512b, 1
units
                Device number 2, type No device, WPS = OFF
                Speed = No speed, Memory block size = 512b, 1 units
 Tuple #3, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
 2 slots found

This is the Orinoco Silver Card in the Slot. I can take out the card
and put it right away into a windoze box and it works. So the card
as such is not broken.

Some more configuration pointers:

 # Kernel config
 # PCCARD
 device          card
 device          pcic0   at isa? irq 11 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
 device          pcic1   at isa? port 0x3e2 disable

 # /etc/defaults/pccard.conf
 # Generally available IO ports
 io      0x300-0x360
 irq     11
 memory  0xd0000  64k

 In the BIOS I've marked the range D0000 with 64k, and irq 11 is marked
 as legacy ISA and not used by any other device.

What is happening here? Any pointers? I'm about to bang my head against
the wall... :-(

Please cc: me as I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Andre