Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 14:41:29 -0400
From:      "Ian J. Brown" <ijbrown@on.bell.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP over Ethernet Driver

My ISP just converted over to running PPP over Ethernet on my ADSL line
and I've lost my connection to the Internet since my FreeBSD machine
doesn't appear to have a driver that supports "PPP over Ethernet".

Does FreeBSD have a driver that supports "PPP over Ethernet" yet?

I've managed to locate drivers for Linux and Win NT, 9? etc. but none
for FreeBSD as of yet.  I really don't want to run a MS "operating
system" if I don't have to.

Any ideas? I heard that RedBack is a major user of PPP over Ethernet but

I'm not sure whether or not PPP over Ethernet is a standard or not...
(If it's a proprietary solution then I understand why not drivers are
available yet)

Thanks,

IJ

Ian J. Brown   CCIE #3372
Consultant - Bell Nexxia, Engineering and Design
Toronto, Ontario
(416)215-2793
ijbrown@on.bell.ca                                   {fdNvDBZJaLfzk}