Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:17:46 +0000
From:      Tim Larson <Tim.Larson@proxibid.com>
To:        "users@dragonflybsd.org" <users@dragonflybsd.org>, "netbsd-users@netbsd.org" <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>, "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>, "misc@openbsd.org" <misc@openbsd.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Robin__Bj=F6rklin?= <robin.bjorklin@gmail.com>
Subject:   RE: Unified BSD?

I know the basic history of all the BSDs and the reasons for divergence, bu=
t I've always tended to think of them as different focus areas of a single =
project. The best ideas tend to get shared around, where applicable, but ea=
ch retains its unique focus and niche within the greater whole. We don't ne=
ed a "unified" BSD; BSD is already unified in the ways that matter. Open so=
urce and meritocracy see to that.

Tim
--

Tim Larson
Software Engineer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended =
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. =
If you have received this email in error please notify by return email. If =
you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copyin=
g, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this in=
formation is strictly prohibited.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no=
 viruses are present in this email, no assurance or warranty is given that =
this email and any attachments are free of viruses.