Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:15:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Sunny Dubey <dubeys@bxscience.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ldap question

I did the port of pam_ldap to FreeBSD, and it works fine for me.  Are you
building the port?  What version of OpenLDAP are you using?  The module
defaults to LDAPv3 which requires OpenLDAP 2.x.  If you're using it with
OpenLDAP 1.x, you will need to configure the module to use LDAPv2.  If you
still have problems, please send me a sniffer trace of the transaction as
well as your ldap.conf for pam_ldap, and a sample of your LDAP schema.

Joe Clarke