Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 97 20:44:38 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Howard Lew" <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>
Cc:        "hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Flashing BIOS (Was Q: K5 clock speeds)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:38:48 -0700 (PDT), Howard Lew wrote:

>I maybe wrong, but I think you are referring to the CMOS settings right?
>
>Most motherboards have a jumper that you can short for a few seconds and
>it will get you back to factory defaults.  However, when you flash a
>bios and it is wiped, it is gone for good unless you have some kind of
>motherboard with a backup bios eprom.

	Yeah, that's possible.  I do know that I was flashing the bios
when it died, and shorting that jumper fixed it. :)  Maybe there is a
safety feature built in so that it can't get any more screwed up than that
jumper can fix.  Sorry if I spoke out of turn. :)

Doug

Do thou amend they face,
	and I'll amend my life.
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"