Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:08:02 +0100
From:      two-step@macatawa.org
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Free BSD

>From what I understand, freeBSD is an operating system and webserver?  I
made a boot disk, but don't understand 1/10 of all the documentation.  I
would like to experience this system, but don't want to chance screwing up
my present win95 system.  Maybe a programmer can understand all your
documentation, but it is a far cry from user-friendly.  and easy to
install? what a laugh,  maybe easy for a programmer.  To install win95 I
didn't need to know all about my hardware.  I'm an A+ certified PC
technician and still can't understand your documentation.  Even making the
boot disk was not like your instructions said.  The command line referred
to the boot(1).flp file as boot.flp. How do you expect people to work with
your files when you can't even refer to them by the same name in the
documentation as is its actual name when the file is downloaded.  Then the
ftp site has a mile long list of files, and no one but someone who has
already installed this 100 times could possibly know which files he needs.
Maybe your OS/Server is good, but most people will never know it until you
make it much more user-friendly.