Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:07:42 -0400
From:      "Eric W. Bates" <ericx@vineyard.net>
To:        jahanur <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2nd NIC

This is an old 509c3 ISA PnP card?

You will have to deal with the Plug n Play.

1- You can try to have the BIOS do it.
2- Break into the bootloader and use it to config the cards at boot.
3- Or (my favorite) boot into DOS from a floppy and use the 3Com
utilities to hardcode the 2 cards to appropriate IRQ's, DMA's, etc.

You have to provide ifconfig data in rc.conf eventually, but first
your kernel has recognize the card.

--
Eric W. Bates