Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 17:10:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        ratty@ix.apana.org.au
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: dgd-lpmud-2.4.5

> Situation:
> compiled DGD & lpmud from the ports/net/dgd & ports/net/dgd-lpmud
>
> I have run ./runlpmud -& from /usr/local/dgd and I note that a couple of
> processes have started, hname 6047 & driver -lpmud.dgd
>
> Connecting:
> When I try to telnet to the mud (zurix.apana.org.au = 202.12.89.126) on the
> port specified in the lpmud.dgd config file 2000 the system refuses the
> connection.     Ok so maybe I am using the wrong tool to connect to the mud?
> So I compiled and tested the tinyfague mud client and that worked ok on the
> Albion mud.   Doesn't work with zurix :(

Some details of the distribution file changed without my knowledge. I will be
fixing the port configuration files presently. The distributon file no longer
supports LPC closures, so if you need these some additional work is required
to integrate the support from the closures DGD-addon package, unfortunately
I have no pointer to this at the moment.

For now, you should mkdir /usr/local/dgd/tmp in order to allow swapfile
creation, and edit /usr/local/dgd/runlpmud to use port 2000 instead of 6047
(for query_ip_name() to return hostnames instead of numbers where possible).
This is enough to allow everyone except 'guest' to connect.

I'll be looking into why 'guest' is being refused.

> Attempts to fix:
> So I thought it maybe in the services config file in /etc so I added an entry
> for dgd;   dgd	2000/tcp #lpmud
> 	   dgd  2000/udp #lpmud
>
> and did a Kill -1 1 but this has not changed anything :(

Neither of these would help.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>